Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Craft-Dee BowZ April Blog Hop

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to Craft-Dee BowZ's April Blog Hop. If you arrived here from Vicki's blog then you are in the right place. If not, you may want to start at the Craft-Dee BowZ blog and leave a comment on each of the designers blogs to be eligible for the prize to be awarded at the end of the hop. The hop will end on Sunday April 19.

In the event you are lost
here is the list of the designers in the Craft-Dee BowZ  blog hop

Barbara (You are here)


Well I am the last designer for this month's blog hop. Have you had fun and seen some really beautiful cards and cool ideas?? I hope so. 

For this blog hop, our theme is Living on the Edge -  use border dies

Let me share my card with you.


Three different border dies and an oval die make the back drop for the front of this card.

Next I stamped this cute Sherri Baldy My Besties Stamp image and used an oval die to cut it out.I used the Cutting Outside the Die technique. If you are not familiar with the how-to's of this cool technique, click here to watch a You Tube for directions.

I also added dimension to the wings. I stamped another set of wings onto vellum colored the new set of wings and cut them out then attached them over the original stamped image.

Here are two close ups of the wings.





My Bow - First I added a ribbon to the card and tied a knot and left tails about 2 " in length. For this card I used a ivory ribbon and attached it to the card front, Next using my Craft-Dee BowZ tool I made a larger single loop bow and then I made a smaller single loop bow using my magenta ribbon. I stacked the smaller loop bow on top of the larger loop bow and placed these two bows on top of the cream ribbon knot. Now using the tails of the cream ribbon, tie the magenta bows together and pull the cream tails really tight to ensure the bow is secure.Trim the tails of the magenta bows and the cream ribbon and you now have a fluffy double loop bow with a cream knot.





Here is the tool that makes it so easy to make yummy fluffy bows.


Click here and order yours today. 


SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:Sherri Baldy My-Besties Stamps Wee Winged One, My Sentiments Exactly (MSE) Banner Sentiments
Paper/Card Stock:White CS, Pinks CS, Darker Pink CS, Vellum

Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies Used: Spellbinders -Ovals sm , Scalloped Oval sm; Impression Obsession - DIE-152N (Card Bottom), Joy Crafts Border 6002/0256 (Used in the center area of card, Top Die Top Dog Die - Alaina Lace Border Die (Card Top)
Accessories: Ribbon, Craft-Dee BowZ  tool, dimensional foam, Spectrum Noir Markers



 Please remember to leave comments on each designers blog
This will make you eligible to be in the running for a 25' reel of yummy ribbon. 

The winner will be announced on April 20.  So stop back to see if you are the winner.

Thanks for joining us for the April Craft-Dee BowZ Blog Hop.


I am submitting my card to the following challenges:



  • Inspiration Destination - #29 Always Anything Goes (#61)
  • Deep Ocean Challenge #101 - Things with Wings - (#152)
  • Digi Choosday Challenge - #15 - Pearls & Gems (#10)
  • Doodle Pantry  must use digital image -  Anything Digital Goes (#44)
  • Everybody-Art-Challenge  #320 Pearls (#52)
  • Party Time Tuesdays - #197 - Anything Goes (#159)
  • Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes (#111)
  • Crafting from the Heart - Always Anything Goes (#158)
  • Craft Your Passion - Always Anything Goes (#173)





  • 24 comments:

    Vicki said...

    Beautiful card and adorable image, Barb!!

    Leeann said...

    This card is gorgeous and that bow is fabulous!!! I'll keep practicing, I know I'll get there :)

    Gail said...

    This is a fabulous card. That image is too cute and I love how you did her wings! Beautiful diecuts and that bow. OMG...that bow with the ribbon around it is outstanding. What a GREAT color! Hugs, Gail

    Marsha said...

    Beautiful die cuts and such a lovely bow.

    Donna Maligno said...

    Such a cute image, Barb and that bow is just perfection raising the entire card to another level of beauty.

    Golden Goddess Designs said...

    love this card! I won a SB image and I picked this one! love it!

    lalkygirl said...

    Love this gorgeous girly creation ,fabulous colouring and I love her little wings ....love how you wrapped the bow centre ...I may have to. "Borrow " that idea lol
    Tracey x

    Tracy W said...

    Fantastic creation! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    AndreaNorris said...

    You close up photos show how much work has gone into the card - love the colour and details - thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD this week and good luck
    Andrea x

    Darlene said...

    OMG what a sweet creation! LOVE the dimension you have achieved on this card and that ribbon bow is gorgeous! Thanks for inspiration and a fun hop!
    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    KT Fit Kitty said...

    Sweet card! Your bow looks fabulous! Thanks for a fun blog hop!

    CraftyPaws said...

    Beautiful organza bow! So dimensional and with just the right pop of color!

    Betty McDougal said...

    There is nothing about this card that I don't LOVE.

    HeatherM said...

    Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart this week.
    HeatherM

    Moni said...

    Beautiful project!!! Love the ribbon. Thank your for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Monica.-DT

    Moni said...

    Me again but now as a Digi Choosday Dt. Love your card. Stunning colors.

    Beebeebabs said...

    Beautiful card!!!

    Jane Savage said...

    Beautiful design! I adore that lush bow!!
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane xxx

    Amy A said...

    Super cute! Love the dimension on the wings and the bow adds the perfect touch! Thank you for playing along with us at Inspiration Destination Challenges- We sure hope you join us again!

    Amy- DT Inspiration Destination Challenges
    {Lil Cutie Creations}

    What I Created Next said...

    Such a beautiful card and layout. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Pearls & Gems challenge (DT)

    Shirley said...

    Barb, your card is lovely and she is gorgeous!! I love how you gave her pearls and that beautiful bow!!! Beautifully done! Your friend will love this keeper!

    Anjie said...

    Great make. Thanks for joining us in our Pearls & Gems challenge at Digi Choosday
    Anjie (Senior DT Team Leader)

    Heather said...

    Lovely card. Thank you for joining us this month for Doodle Pantry's Ants in My Pantry Digital Challenge. Hope to see you again next month.

    Unknown said...

    Thank you for joining in with our challenge this week at Digi Choosday
    x~KateE~x DCDT