Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Fairies and Butterflies

Hi There
Glad you stopped in today. For today's card I thought I'd use a fairy image that I've had in my stash for a good while. It's from Crafter's Companion and I love this one. She reminds me of a garden nymph.The colors for the Craft-Dee BowZ projects presented by the designers this month are to include shades of aqua, so you will see that color all month long in the Craft-Dee BowZ projects..

I used a designer paper and cut a panel and added a wide gathered lace piece to the mid section of the panel. I added a thin light turquoise ribbon to the edge of that lace. Over that I used 2 overlapped embossed ovals and I added ribbon to the center of the ovals and attached them to the card. Next I attached another oval, in turquoise, centering over the other ovals.  I then attached my fairy to the center oval. Next, I made a single loop bow using white organza ribbon. On top of that I added a double loop satin bow.


Here is a closer shot of that bow.



I had the prettiest aqua flowers ready to be used so I decided to add them to the bow, ringing the center area. I added a few sprigs and a few butterflies in the upper left corner of the card, and the card is done.


SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Crafter's Companion - Apple Blossom
Paper/Card Stock
: Blue CS, Cream CS, Turquoise CS
Ink: Black Dye ink
Dies Used:  Spellbinders Ovals sm  
Accessories
Ribbon,Spectrum Noir, Lace, Satin Ribbon, Organza Ribbon, Prima Flowers
Craft-Dee BowZ  tool, Dimensional Foam, Butterfly 


Stop back tomorrow nite after 10:00 p.m edt  for the Craft-Dee BowZ blog hop



1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card with all those lovelies added. Great bow, love the lace and the flowers.