Wednesday, March 5, 2014

POMEGRANATE

Hi Everyone,
Hope everyone is having a nice week so far. I have finally decided to use a great stamp that's been sitting on my desk for about a week or two.

I love pomegranates so that's probably why this stamp caught my eye and of course that sparked me to buy it. Pomegranates are so yummy.

I finally got some free time to get this card designed and finished. So here it is.




I used my colored pencils and gamsol to color the image.Since there was so much while space left on the panel, I used one of my new stencils to add a filler using Old Paper and Ginger inks.  I also embossed the green CS with an embossing folder, adding more texture.

Also added a lattice die cut in brown CS to add more background and that orange CS has Wild Flowers punched around the edge.

The ribbon is actually seam binding and I used my Craft-Dee BowZ tool to fashion that bow. Like challenges?? Me too!! Craft-Dee BowZ's monthly challenge is going on right now, click here to pop over and check it out.

SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps: Stampendous - Pomegranate
Paper/Card Stock
:
White CS, Lime Green CS, Orange CS, Cream CS, Brown CS
Ink: India Ink Black, Ranger Distress Ink - Old Paper, Adirondack Ginger
Dies Used: Cherry Lynn Designs - Lattice2
Accessories
Craft-Dee BowZ  tool, Seam Binding, Heidi Swapp Stencil (one of 3 stencils in Butterfly set), Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page - Wild Flowers, PrismaColor Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Blending Stump, Sponge Dauber, Couture Creations Embossing Folder - Entangle

I am submitting this card in the following challenges:


Thanks for stopping in today, and have a great week.



20 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

That is such a stunning and unusual stamp (I love pomegranates. Great card. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fab card, I have never come across a pomegranate stamp before, this is lovely and your colouring is outstanding.

Thank you for playing along with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Barbara, a fabulous image - wonderful stenciling and a stunning bow!!!

Thanks so much for joining Everybody Art Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great card Barb! Great image (never seen pomegranates as a stamp before) and you really nailed the coloring. Fantastic bow as always!

Eret said...

Your coloring is amazing, Barbara! Love the stenciling around the image. It's so nice and interesting. Your bow is fcourse awesome. You are a bow-master!
Hugs,
Eret

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gorgeous. Love the colors. You matched all so perfectly.

Pia S said...

I spotted your card on MIM, I was attracted to its colors and wanted to have a closer look. It's a great layout and I love how you arranged the ribbon, so beautiful!

Shirley said...

I love pomegranates too! Your card is awesome. I really like how you created your layers, the colors, your wonderful bow, and really love how you did your background behind your image too!

Ann said...

Beautiful card, I saw it on MIM. #6

suzARTe said...

love this card, beautiful colours and love the bow

Had to come and take a closer look from MIM

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 81: anything goes , Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

Karla B said...

This is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.
xoxo
Karla B - DT

Billie A said...

Fun card I too love pomegranates. Great coloring with the pencils. I saw your card on MIM. Fun background dies too.

PaperDaisies said...

Love how you have showcased the image. Great design. That ribbon looks great the way you have arranged it. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Athina said...

Oh my! I love the stencil work and that bow is amazing! Beautiful job! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Majo said...

Lovely card! Thanks for playing with us @Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

PetraB said...

What a lovely project, the stencils are amazing! Thank you for playing along with the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Lynne said...

Stunning card!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

Lizzie R said...

Great card! Well done with the layers and textures! So beautiful! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!