Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Craft-Dee BowZ December Blog Hop

Hi Everyone,
Boy, December is here already!!  Today, Craft-Dee BowZ is hosting their last blog hop for the year!! The time has really flown by for me, how about you??

If you arrived here from Amber's blog then you are in the right spot. If not, then you may want to start at the Craft-Dee BowZ blog to get all the details to be eligible for the giveaway. There will be a prize awarded to one of the commenters, so please make sure to leave a comment at each blog including the Craft-Dee BowZ Blog. Here are the Designers in the hop:



Craft-Dee BowZ  (to leave one last comment)

Since this months blog hop celebrates Christmas, you have been treated to all things Christmas.I hope you have seen some things along the way that you will want to try for your projects.

Let me share what I have designed today. I've made an ensemble for the blog hop.

First let me present my card.


This card utilizes scraps of ribbons used as a woven background. I love the look this gives, lots of texture on your card canvas. LOL  The card has a great bow that is a three loop bow. I pulled the loops out to further define the loops and it reminded me of a snowflake of sorts. I then added over the bow knot, a rosette with a snowflake attached to the top. Those were made using vellum. The tree is made using a teabag folding technique and that and the snowflakes are also made using vellum.

Next lets check out a wrapped gift.

I used a a pillow box as the gift box. Using some shimmery card stock means no need to use wrapping paper.And you have to love that. So, all it needed was a bow.

Yummy multi-loop bow

A close up of the 3 loop bow.
The ribbon is 2 1/2" wide and wired on the edges.
This ribbon was so very easy to work with, even though it was wide, and the end result was really a a nice puffy bow. What a great presentation this will make to the recipient.

OK,  lets look at a gift tag.

I made a large gift tag. I wanted to use some larger items and a smaller tag just wouldn't work. Don't be afraid to make things larger than you normally would. I also used some elements that actually stuck out beyond the edge of the tag.That adds to the uniqueness of the design.

I had a bit of the blue ribbon left (from the cards that I made and posted here Sunday and then Tuesday) but definitely not enough for a bow, so I used it for the piece that threads through the hole on the tag.  I used a 1" silver (Oh So Glittery) ribbon that really compliments the tag and the blue ribbon. It looks great with that snowflake sprig of ribbon that I added just for more interest.

Hope you saw something that caught your eye, maybe a design that you can use on something you want to make.

I am the last designer in the blog hop, so don't forget to leave a comment here and then stop back at the Craft-Dee BowZ blog to make one last comment and you are done and you will be in the running for the prize of your very own Craft-Dee BowZ tool. Thanks for taking the time to hop along with us today.

By the Way, Craft-Dee BowZ will be announcing the new Design Team for 2014 on Sunday so you might want to come back Sunday for the news.

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!


Christmas Images

11 comments:

Vicki said...

Simply beautiful color combinations on your projects, Barbara! Fabulous bows!

Donna Maligno said...

Bbarb, what inspiration these projects are! They have my wheels spinning. Fabulous bows on all!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow Barbara, these are gorgeous everyone of them. The bows are really pretty, but you just get them the right size and in the right place every time.

jennyplace2 said...

Someone has been a very busy girl and you have three perfect projects to prove it. TFS and for the great inspiration. Have a great evening.

2 peas in a pod said...

Wow! Barbara, you went all out! Everyone of your projects are just beautiful! I love them all!

Donna Ellis said...

whoa! busy busy! and so pretty!

Julye said...

with this selection of stunning projects who would need a gift stunning thanks for sharing i could look at the gift box all day its so pretty.

Denise Goeldner said...

They're all beautiful, love all the creations and thanks so much for showing different ways of creating, just lovely hugs xx

Debi said...

Fabulous bows on all 3 great projects. I wouldn't want to put that card in an envelope for the postal machines to crush! It is too pretty! TFS

KT Fit Kitty said...

3 amazing projects! I am captivated by your card - it is so beautiful, and when you said you created it with ribbon scraps I really had to take a second look - just gorgeous!

The bow on your pillow box is just mind-boggling to me. I don't have a Craft-Dee BowZ so my bows are very simplistic. I am in awe right now! And your tag is just the cutest thing - again with a gorgeous bow.

Beautiful job on all three projects - I have enjoyed visiting your blog today. Wishing you a joyful day!

Eret said...

Oh my goodness... Barbara, you are amazing. All your three projects are fantastic. Specially the billow box with your fabulous bow. Magnificent!
Hugs,
Eret