Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Holiday Script

Hi Everyone,
I am finishing up on the last class I am offering  in 2013. It will be at Stamping Buddies in Cincinnati on Saturday at 10:00 a.m.

Let me share with you a quick little card I made this afternoon.

I used a stamp called Holiday Script Background  from Heartfelt Creations. I stamped the card stock using VersaMark, covered the stamped image with Sticky Powder ( bought this from Gary Burlin at the last convention I attended.) When heating the powder, it melts the powder and it changes to a glue. Next I covered it with glitter. 

I added layers of lace , ribbon and strings of beads to the side of the card. As I put the beads down the border over the lace I wondered if I could make a bow using the beads. After a few different attempts I decided to remove a few beads where the knot would go. Yep, my Craft-Dee BowZ tool made that beaded bow. 

Here is a closer view of that bow.

I tried to make a multi-loop bow, however I couldn't get it to look right. I want to work at that some more, because I think I can make a multi-loop bow as well.

Well I need to finish up for my last class of the year. Thanks much for stopping by today, I'll be back soon.

5 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

So pretty Barbara. Love that background stamp and the lace and beaded bow are the perfect embellishments.

Donna Maligno said...

You never cease to amaze me -- this lovely card is heading into shabby chic territory! How utterly simple, but your selection of "ribbons" and beads makes the statement! I love shabby chic but my brain doesn't work in that direction for some reason. Another wonderful project!

Anne Temple said...

This is beautiful. Love the lace and beads down the side. Great job on the beaded bow too.

Donna Ellis said...

Barbara, this looks fantastic! I really enjoyed hearing about the different products. But my favorite part is the layers of fabric laces and the pretty beads to make the card both vintage and festive. Your silver bow is perfect! hugs, de

Unknown said...

Love the vintage feel and the lace, really lovely...