Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Glittered Ornament

Welcome Back!!!

Yesterday over at Stamping Buddies in Cincinnati, Ohio, I taught a class showing how to make a glittered ornament. The ornament is stunning and really makes a statement. Easy to make, just takes a little time. Perfect for a handmade gift for someone special or this will look gorgeous on your tree.

Let me show off the end result.


I used lots of glitter and the poinsettia topper on this ornament is made using the poinsettia stap from the lovely stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle called Holiday Foliage - Set 475.  The glitter colors are Shell Pink G1022 and Parisian Mist G1037 (one of  my favorite greens in the Sparkle n Sprinkle glitter line)

I love the look of the poinsettias that come out during the holiday season in the pinks and other colors other than the traditional reds, so that's why I decided to use a few non traditional colors when making this ornament.

I will be repeating this class over at Simply Said Rubber Stamps  on Sat. Nov. 9 @1:30. If you live in the greater Cincinnati area and want to take the class please contact Simply Said @ 513-833-3852 to reserve a seat.

This class includes how to make a box, to store or gift the ornament. Easy to make, too!!

Boy, I just checked my calendar and Thanksgiving will be here a month from tomorrow. It's late this year (Nov. 28) and that means that Christmas will be 3 1/2 weeks after Thanksgiving, this year. It's going to be a short buying season if you start after Thanksgiving. I have things already bought so I best start to wrap and that chore will be done.

November will be a busy month for me, I have classes or events every Sat. in November. So  I will be busy getting those ready. December I have one event and then I will be taking off the rest of the month. But I will be getting ready to start out the new year with new classes.

I will be back soon with some class samples and a few other things that I will be making.

Thanks for stopping in











9 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow Barbara, this is gorgeous! Did you do it with ornament glue on the inside of the bauble?

Donna Maligno said...

Love this ornament, Barb! I too love that same green glitter from SNS - my fave.

Mary Marsh said...

this is absolutely gorgeous Barbara-wished I lived closer-would love to take this class-Pittsburgh is too far away to drive

Verna Angerhofer said...

Barbara, that ornament is so gorgeous. Wonderful color choices and love the poinsettia topper for it. What a talent you are!

April said...

So beautiful, Barbara! I love the colors you used. Great job!

Donna Ellis said...

Barbara, this is gorgeous! Love those colors together, and the pretty green shading on the poinsettia. Your photograph is gorgeous. This is so pretty! hugs, de

Unknown said...

Very Beautiful!

Eret said...

Ooh, Barbara, It is magnificent! Love your sparkling ornament and stunning topper. I wish to live closer to you, so I could participate on your class.
Hugs,
Eret

vic said...

This is so pretty I love the beautiful glitter :)

Vic