Friday, October 25, 2013

More of last week


Welcome back!!!!



In my last post, I mentioned that I went to Tennessee for a stamping convention. OK keep that in your mind for a minute and  let me say that I really like step cards and tri-shutter cards, flip cards, etc. but hate cutting them by hand, don't you. You have to cut the CS, measure, mark, and don't forget the X-acto knife, and cut straight lines. Now, I don't feel X-acto knife challenged, however these types of cards take time to prep and cut. And we all want things in a hurry and of course, you want the card perfect. Right???? OK, back to the convention.  I happened upon The Stamp Doctors booth. Well, The Stamp Doctor has designed a die for all of us who love the flip card design. In fact they have 2 die designs for flip cards. So, I spied these and I bought one of the designs.


This is the design I bought. This die is easy to use and it makes a really great card.There are three dies in the package. Plus the this design has been made to work with Spellbinders Labels Eighteen. 

Let me share the flip card I made using this die.

I covered the ends of the card with DP. I also looked at some of the Sizzix dies that I have and saw this Joy die and determined it will fit in the label area of the closed card. Perfect for the sentiment.  I used Cobalt Blue Microfine Glitter to define the letters in the sentiment.(Got that sentiment on a tad crooked.)

OK, when you flip the card open, this cute snowman pops over.   I used a stamp from PrintWorks and it's an older stamp but I still love it. I added the blue oval to be able to make the snowman pop out at you. I added punched snowflakes and glittered them up to make this card glisten. 


Here is a side view. This flip card design is darling and I love the fact it stands on its own. 

Well time to prepare for a class on Saturday - A glittery Christmas ornament with a poinsettia topper and a box to store it in or to use to gift it!! I will share that with you on Sunday. 

Thanks so much for stopping in today.

Products used:
The Stamp Doctor - Flip Flop Card Die #2
Sizzix - Tim Holtz Movers and Shakers - Joy
Spellbinders - Oval Die - S4-110
Marvy Punch - Snowflake Punch
Sparkle N Sprinkle - Glitter  Sparkling Snow - G1003; Velvet Glitter (Microfine Glitter) Cobalt Blue - GM2015
PrintWorks - Snowman w/ Cane (old and may no longer be available)
White CS
DP - DCWV


Have a great Friday 


6 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow - that it so fun Barbara. I have three of the flip it dies - love them. Hadn't thought of them for Christmas card possibles .... thanks for the inspiration!

Donna Maligno said...

This came out great, Barb! Gotta love those flip flop dies! You've inspired me to get more!

Anne Temple said...

What a great die and flip card. Love the microfine glitter.

Donna Ellis said...

What a great die, and fabulous card, Barbara! Thank you for showing how it looks. SO PRETTY! Did you have to apply the sticky for the velvet glitter after you die cut? It's a darling card! hugs, de

April said...

What a cute and fun card! Love it! Great job!

Gerlinde said...

I wondered if other companies than SU were making these dies! Love this one and your design with the snowman is fabulous!