Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bridal Shower

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for stopping in today!

I was invited to a Bridal Shower recently and made  a darling card for the bride-to-be. I saw this design over at  Pinterest, however, when I tried to go back to the original post, Pinterest just took me to the picture not the original post. So I can't give credit for the design where it is justly due.

The bride's colors are a rich purple and a beautiful gray. These colors pair up very well especially with the cream card stock..

I wanted to give her an elegant card and I think this came out just the way I envisioned it!!



 A close up view of the cake with the swirly icing.
I printed the sentiment from my computer and added a swirl for the finishing touch.

When Morgan (the bride-to-be) opened the card she loved it. That made my day.

Her shower was lovely and she received many, many gifts. She was thrilled with all the thoughtful gifts that she received. She will be getting married in 4 weeks. And she's getting nervous, I'm sure.

Stop back Saturday so I may share the wedding invitations that I made for her.
Thanks for stopping by,


x_3e4edc42 photo x_3e4edc42_zps3a9bcf53.gif

5 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the elegant colors Barbara, together with the three panels on the front, very unique. The one, tow, three little flowers are cute too.

Gina said...

Your card is beautiful. Great job. Thanks for the idea.

Anne Temple said...

THis is gorgeous! Love the swirls on the cake the the background embossing looks just like Cornelli Lace, another favorite on cakes.

Donna Ellis said...

Lovely card, Barbara! Such pretty shading around the wedding cake, and the dry embossing on the cake layers looks just like icing! So pretty with the multiple layers and all the textures in the background panels! Wow! hugs, de

April said...

Beautiful, Barbara! I love all the textures. Great job!