Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Birthday Blessings

Hi Everyone
Its time for my regular monthly Craft-Dee BowZ post. Did you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend??? I sure did. Now it's time to get back in the swing of things, back to work, back to the normal routine.

Normally I am not a big fan of orange, but my tastes must be changing 'cause in the last two posts I used orange. And here I go again today with more orange. LOL  That's OK, I guess I am in ushering the fall season, with my choice of orange colors on these cards lately.

I had some Tri Shutter cards cut and ready to finish and I decided to use one of those for my card today.

I used my Craft-Dee BowZ tool to make the bow for this card. And you know, I always say this, that tool is easy to use and it lets me make fabulous bows every time. I opted for a double loop bow for this card. I really didn't want the bow to over power the side of the card. Did you notice that I layered the green ribbon down the center of that wide yellow ribbon. What a great effect.

I used one of my blank tri shutter cards to decorate.I added stamped images and gorgeous designer paper to really make that card come to life.
This first pic shows the card closed.


These tri-shutter cards are so fun to decorate, because there are so many areas to work with.

I love the fact that they will stand on their own and show themselves off. LOL


The pic below is a view from the right looking to the left
The sentiment is positioned in the center.




I added 3 flowers to the right side of the card.


That butterfly is the perfect addition to the front area. 


Craft-Dee BowZ has their monthly challenge going on right now. Hope you enter, you could be the next winner of the bow maker. Click here and go to the Monthly Challenge  tab at the top of their blog to check out the challenge blog and all the details. 

Check out CreativeEssences, my Etsy store, for blank tri shutter cards, as well as a few other blank card designs that are not always easy to cut with a craft knife.
 (Let me help you make your card making a little easier.)

Hope you have a great week, see you soon,


5 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wowser Barbara! I love what you do with the bow - the green ribbon down the center is a great touch. Colors, butterfly and style of card - all awesome!

NanaConnie said...

This is stunning, Barbara! Love that gorgeous bow. What magnificent folds you've done.

E. Marie said...

Barbara, this is so beautiful!! Love it and perfect bow!!

Donna Maligno said...

Barb, as always, you come up with a stunner. Too bad orange isn't your favorite (nor mine) , but being the season we are coming into, get ready to see more orange from Craft-Dee BowZ! LOL!

Unknown said...

Stunning bow on a beautiful tri fold card.
Kindest wishes from Joan in England