Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Jar of Sunshine

Hi Everyone,
Yesterday I posted a cascading card and there is a funny store behind that card. I had made a card to be posted in yesterday's post and I was checking on the parameters of what my post was to include. Well it was to have unusual folds and have at least a double loop bow. I thought that the card I had just designed didn't fit the bill. So it was off to the drawing board to make another design.

 I decided on a cascade style and thought I'd incorporate a lot of the elements from the original card into the cascade card. I actually very gently pulled the elements off the original card to reuse on the cascade card, cause time was of the essence.

Let me show you the card that I had originally designed: I had photographed it before I had determined I needed to make a different design.And of course before I gently removed elements.

It was just a traditional fold and I used a multi-loop bow, which would have been OK. But that traditional fold really was not going to work in the unusual folds theme. So that is the back story of yesterday's card and that post.

Let me mention this stamp set I used in both cards.I love this stamp set. As I mentioned yesterday, it is a Unity stamp set and it has some really cute elements in it.  The jar is really a nice size. But, I took creative license to draw in the bottom oval as it doesn't contain a defined bottom at all. I was very pleased how it just finished the jar.

Well time to get more projects done. Guess I'd better READ what the parameters of the card should be before I start on the projects. LOL

Thanks for stopping back in and I will see ya soon.


.

7 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Interesting creative process, Barbara! Not sure which card I like best - both are pretty!

Donna Ellis said...

I like your new blog look!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great idea on the bottom of the jar! It looks great. I had a similar situation yesterday, but I didn't take a photo of the first background - it's in the trash can now!!

Brenda said...

Looks great :)

Dianne Beans said...

Love both cards. You do such a fabulous job! Great ideas.

April said...

What a lovely card and I love that bow. Great job!

Donna Maligno said...

This is a happy stamp set, isn't it? I love how you changed this card up from the waterfall one. It's great to show people how using one stamp set can be done in multiple ways. Love the bows!