Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's Grill Out Time

Hi Everyone,
Do you believe it, we just scooted into May. We are already done with 1/3 of the year. WOW!!!!!

A week from this Sunday is Mother's Day, and a lot of families are going to be cooking out. So here is a cute invitation to send out for this great party. And who else is the perfect couple to announce your great party than the BBQ Couple, and they always host a great grill party.


Since I don't have an apron die, I cut my own out of blue CS. When I added the gingham paper, I adhered it on the sides and the bottom, leaving a opening on the top for a pocket. Next I wanted to make the couple stand out so I adhered the couple to a label shape.I adhered the stamped image on the bottom half of the label and used pop dots on the top half of that stamped image.Next I just adhered the bottom half of the label to the gingham paper.  Behind the label shape is the invitation information for the BBQ party,tucked right into that pocket. What a cute party invitation and it fits into an A-2 size envelope.

Stop back tomorrow for my card based on the new theme for this weeks Art Impressions Weekly Challenge.

Supplies used:
Art Impressions Stamp -BBQ Couple
Copic Markers - E51, E33, E000, O, C-0, R81, RV06, YG09, YG41, Y17, Y21, BG000
White Opaque Pen
Silver Gel Pen
Brads
Ribbon
Spellbinders Label 17 S5-025
Paper/Cardstock - Gingham Paper, Dark Blue CS, White CS, Rose CS

Have a great week.






5 comments:

Brenda said...

What a perfect BBQ invitation!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

How clever Barb! Who wouldn't come to this BBQ?

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so cute..great idea for an outdoor event with the grilling season upon us.

E. Marie said...

Great apron - very cute idea.

Julie Z said...

OMG, this is so cute Barbara! I've done these apron cards before & they are so fun. I love what you did with yours!! The whole look is just perfect!