Thursday, March 1, 2012

Jelly Beans

Hi Everyone,
It's Thursday and that means its time for the weekly challenge over at Art Impressions. I thought I'd share with you my take on this weeks challenge. The theme is: Inspired by Candy. At first I had a devil of a time coming up with something for this theme. But,as I thought about candy, the upcoming Easter holiday came to mind.  I remembered chocolate bunnies and then jelly beans came to mind and then I remembered when I was a kid I used to get hollowed out sugar eggs in my Easter basket. So, with those ideas in mind, here is what I came up with.



Supplies used:
Spellbinders Dies - Nested Eggs S4-264
Copic Markers - E25, E71
Embossing Powder - Sparkle N Sprinkle -  Shimmer EP137
Ribbon
Designer paper & various colors of card stock

I made the large egg to appear to be hollow with a chocolate bunny inside.  Those sugar eggs that I received as a child, were always decorated around the opening and they were always so cute.I used the shimmer EP to make the inside of the egg sparkle. I also colored the bunny using brown copic markers to make him look like chocolate. OK, now I have just awakened my sweet tooth, I guess I will have to get some jelly beans. Yum,Yum.




Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Barbara, such an adorably sweet card! Love how you used lots of Easter Eggs to show the bunny has been super busy with the lively colors and designs on each. The embellishment around the large egg really sets the tone. Sparkly, too! How cute!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Yummy is right! Love what you did with the eggs - each one different. Great card Barb!

Brenda said...

All red jelly beans for me please and thanks LOL Adorable card and the bunny looks so happy playing.

Deloris said...

Lol, your card is very cute, but now I'm craving jelly beans.

Karalee said...

How cute is this! Great design and colors. :)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Barbara! Please visit my blog to see the little gift awaiting for you. I hope you enjoy it. It's always a pleasure visiting your blog. Here is the link:
http://creativesmiles2.blogspot.com/2012/03/fun-blog-award.html
Be sure to grab the award and follow the directions or google it for more info. hugs, de