Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lace

Hi Everyone
Today I have another card for you, using Art Impressions stamps. I used some beautiful lace that I picked up Sunday in my shopping at the last antique show of the season.

I have a few stamps along this theme, kind of country-ish and I just really like the look they give. When I was coloring this image I wanted to add colors that would remind one of dusk. As I was finishing this up, I added a little gold color using a product called Inka Gold. Its at the bottom edge of the rick rack circle. This product has bee's wax in it and it goes on with a sponge and according to the label, its called a gloss paint. It's a nice product and I am going to be looking at other effects I might be able to get with this.

Supplies used:
Country Lamp Post -L1211
Copic Markers - V04, C-5, E40, YG45, Y28, Y11, Y000, C-0
Inka Gold - Gold
Inks: India Ink - Black, Distress Ink -Tea Dye, Fresco Chalk Dye-DaVinci Violet, Fresco Chalk Dye-Sistine Sky, Fresco Chalk Dye- Indigo Velvet
Sponge daubers
Card stock/paper - Dark Blue CS, Blue Speckle CS, White CS, Designer Paper
Old Lace from antique dealer

That is all for now. Hope you get some ideas using lace.

Have a great day,






7 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Beautiful card! Love that lace and that gorgeous image!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! You did a beautiful job on this image! It's a gorgeous stamp! Love the card!

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love, love, love your coloring! You definitely got the dusk feel you were going for. Was that the color of the lace or did you color it?

Amanda R said...

This is lovely and really does remind me of dusk! Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done! What a pretty card!

Donna Maligno said...

As always, a perfect job. Love what you've done here.

April said...

I love your card. The frame is wonderful! Great job!