Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's Spring, finally......................

Are you ready for it???? Spring arrives tonight at 7:21 EDT. I think everyone is so ready for warm weather. So, in celebration of the arrival of Spring, I designed 2 cards for your viewing pleasure.




The first card has a flower from the new Zinnia set I just received recently from Crafter's Companion. The set is so cool. Love the flowers and the fairies that are in the set. You may want to check them out. The white sheet utilized  a crimper to get that interesting background.




Pink reminds me of spring. So I thought this card would be a great card to usher spring in. I used a stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms in the Silhouette Blooms I set. (Sadly they are no longer in business.) I love this monochromatic look. The side borders were made using punch #304 from Just Imagine/Kreations. I added an embellishment that I made using embossed metal, covering a large piece similar to a domino that my friend Angie gave me. I added alcohol ink to the metal piece and I attached it with a ribbon. It really adds interest to the card.




Well that is all I have today. Have a great start to spring and thanks for stopping by,




1 comment:

Donna Ells said...

The pink embellishment is totally beautiful! I want to make that! Very pretty, Barbara! I also want to make the crimped card with the diamond in the middle! Beautiful cards, Barbara!