Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's a paisley, nope.... it's a bird.

Hello Everyone

I want to thank all of you who stopped by on the blog hop Sunday. I think everyone got great ideas and lots of inspiration from all the different participants. I had a great time reading all your comments. The fan fold card, by far, received the most comments of all three of the cards I posted. Tomorrow I will start on the video and should have it ready for you very soon. As soon as it's ready I will post it and for those of you who follow my blog I will make sure you see the announcement in my post.

Today I want to share with you 2 cards I made. Each of these cards contain a bird. However these birds start out as a paisley. Yes, that's right, I said a paisley. There is a story behind how this came about:
 

 I was looking at some stamps that were being introduced and as I looked at the bird and the way it was designed and colored, I saw a paisley shape in the bird. So, I got out the paisley stamps from Sparkle N Sprinkle and stamped the paisley shapes. These stamps are in Set 350 -  Paisley Medallion. I cut them out and then I made a template or 2 to use with the stamped paisley image and the next thing I knew I had a bird.




So, here is the first bird that I made. I used the paisley that has flowers in it. He is so cute and I was amazed at how easy it was to do.






Next, I wanted to use the other paisley. It looks like there are feathers in the design. So, I did the same thing , stamped it up, cut it out, fiddled with my homemade templates and wella................ another birdie is born. Now this time I added glitter. You know, birds are always so popular and this is so easy to make your own. These guys have personality, too.

These birdies are just so darned cute.





Let me know what you think. Would you like to know how I did this??? Leave me a comment.
Well that's it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon,



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this idea!! Using the paisley stamp for the wings...I'm going to try it:) Thanks!