Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More Autumn Inspiration

Hello everyone,
I looked at my Sparkle N Sprinkle stamps last night and decided to make another card for you. The set I chose has so many great possibilities. The stamp I used is 1650-316M from set 316. I decided to use the diamond shape and stamped & then embossed the image with Bronze Rose EP. The swirls are in the Fanciful Holidays set from Spellbinders
(S4-287).  I glittered the swirls with G1013 Autumn Medley from Sparkle N Sprinkle. I love these warm fall colors. They really compliment each other, don't you think.

The next time you need to make a card, don't eliminate a stamp just because it seems like it was designed for a season different  that the one you are in. The color index for the stamps in this set suggest spring or summer, but this stamp looks great with the fall colors I used.

Less than 2 weeks and we will be handing out Halloween candy. Hope it's warm and dry for the kids.




Well that's it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon

Barbara



5 comments:

Donna said...

wow! this is gorgeous! I just embossed the identical stamps on black cs with gold EP and painted with smooch. LOL Great minds! I'm not sure what to do now that they are cut out. Thank you for the idea!

Hopemore Studio said...

Very pretty Barb, yes you are right the color you use can really change the 'feel' of the stamp.

Ack..less than two weeks to Halloween and I haven't bought any candy yet. Probably for the best since I would eat it and then have to buy more :)

Angie

Jean W said...

Really like this one. The colors are great and the way you were able to match the swirls in the stamp with the Spellbinders swirls really shows coordination and harmony in the card. Great job!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Lovely, Barbara! The fall colors and swirly elements are just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards! Great look!