Friday, March 12, 2010

No Stamps - going "green" today

Have you ever gone thru your stuff that you have saved for eons and organized it?? Well I did that the other day and I decided that I would make a few cards that used things I already had on hand (for the most part).

The first card I made is using a part of a store bought card. I was given 2 pieces of a card front that were dry embossed flowers and leaves on white cardstock. The flowes just had a gold center part where the stamens would be.Well, I felt the images needed color, in fact, it screamed color me, color me, so I did. I colored the flowers pink and the leaves are now green. I used circles that I had made a while ago using a corner adorner. I did one in pink and one in white. They turned out really nice. The flowers are the ones that I received, however the image was too long to fit on this card so I cut it down. Now I get to use the images on more cards.The circle with Hello Friend is the center of the pink circle using the corner adorner. Finally that bow was utilizing just a small amount of pink ribbon I have had for a while.






Next I adorned a bag with a bag topper I made and added a paper flower to it to jazz it up. I added Sparkle N Sprinkle Majestic Purple glitter (G1005) to the edges and attached that to the bag topper.Since the bag started out white I felt it needed more color so I cut a coated piece of cardstock to fit the front of the bag and I applied alcohol ink to the cardstock. In fact I used the reinkers for Copic markers since they were more of a soft Easter color. I attached the cardstock to the bag with redline tape and put the bag topper over the handles and I am ready to give a gift for Easter, birthday or whatever the occasion happens to be.








Next I made a card that would go great with the gift bag. Now I don't know about you, but I have white paper on my work area that I stamp off onto, when I am stamping and want to test something. I used to throw that away but now I save it and used it on projects. Look at the paper behind the flourish and on the side of the card. I have had that for a while and I finally came up with a card to use it with. I also had a few ovals and so I used some of my Cuttlebug folders to add a design to the "eggs" . I lightly brushed the ink pad over the design to add color and added Sparkle N Sprinkle Glitter to the edge of one of the eggs. The swirl is from the Cricut and I just added some ribbon and the card is done.No stamped images as such, but reusing stuff on hand. That's a good thing.

Well that's it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon.

Barbara

No comments: