Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Man Card using the Truck Stamp (from PrintWorks)

Gi107 We carry PrintWorks stamps here at Creative Stamper and the stamp of the month for May is the coolest truck stamp.I just had to stamp this up.


I stamped it on glossy paper & then used alcohol ink to color the truck. Next I used my craft knife and cut the window out.I actually put transparency in the window.  I then worked on the bumper. I applied double stick tape(my fav adhesive) & covered the bumper. I then used silver leafing paper to give it the metallic look. Next I needed red brads for the taillights, but I didn't have any. So I took my brad and smooshed (like that technical term?) the head down on a pigment ink pad, then dipped the brad into red embossing powder & heated it with the heat tool. (Use tweezers or a clothes pin to hold the brad so you don't burn your fingers.) I then heated the brad again & dipped it again into the E.P.. I did that about 3-4 times to build the E.P. up on the brad. Next I scanned a map onto cardstock and then tore it to the size of the card. I adheared the map with double sided tape. Then I used tape to adhere the truck. I hand wrote the little sign "On the road again". The truck stamp is 30% off in the store right now til June 1. Really cool. This is good for those cards for men that we always have such a hard time with.


See you tomorrow with 2 cool watercolor cards I made. - Barbara



No comments: